The time spent on the job search
30 Nov, 2012Tweet
Are you some of those people who use well the time when searching for a job? Well, everybody knows that time never comes back, that is why you must not waste it.
The time spent on the job search doesn’t have to be more than 3 hours per day. You can’t spend all the morning or afternoon to search for jobs. You can review some job advertisements and send your CV to those companies that offer jobs for your career and that meet your profile. It is not good to dedicate 8 hours per day to find job positions and send your resume, and then the next days don’t do that. It is better to dedicate less hours to search for jobs, but do it every day.
Of course, you will have much time meanwhile you are not working, but do you know what to do during that free time? Well, we recommend you to do the following things:
- Take some courses related to your career, especially if you know that you have to be prepared for getting the job you want. Do it taking advantage of the time you have.
- You can work as a volunteer. Although that work is unrelated to your career, it can help you to meet other people who can help you now or in the future.
- Have meetings with colleagues, friends, networking connections, etc. Let them know your current situation, maybe they know about some job opportunities that you can apply for.
- If you have projects you were delaying, then it is time to finish them. Remember that you have to finish all the projects you have started.
- Look for freelance job opportunities. At the same time that they will give you the opportunity to get money, they also allow you to put in practice what you know. You can also include that job in your resume.
- Make your schedule for your job search, but remember that action is better than thinking on doing things.
- Make a list of the companies and enterprises related to your interests. You can also know what the best way to contact them is, in case they have available job opportunities.
- Practice job interviews. Check some common questions and answers.
- Review your resume and adapt it according to the job you are applying for.
Although you don’t get the results you desire at a short time, don’t give up! Follow with your job search. The key is searching jobs continuosly until you get one. Be patience and send your CV, or apply to whatever job position you find.
There are many resources you can use to find job opportunities on Internet, so if until now you haven’t used them properly, do it. Maybe it is the step you have to take to find the job you strongly desire.
So, time is one of the most precious things in the life of people, so don’t waste much time on thinking what will you do during your job search, instead do the things!
Written by: Jose H
Leave a Comment
No comments yet, be the first to comment the article